Raising a child through adolescence can be a whirlwind of uncertainty with more than a few emotions. Middle school and high school are arguably the most important developmental time of your child’s life. Counseling for adolescents can give your teenager the resources and insight they need to overcome challenges and thrive in their everyday lives. Our goal is to help your teen grow into a healthy adult who can better process their life experiences in the future.
COUNSELING SERVICES FOR ADOLESCENTS
Counseling for adolescents can be beneficial for students in a variety of situations:
- Bullying or other negative social situations
- Relationship and life changes, such as parental divorce, relocating schools, and family dynamics
- Sexual experiences, including puberty, traumatic encounters, and questions about their sexual orientation
- Strong displays of emotional and mental stress, including moments of rage, depression, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts
- Addictions, including substance abuse
Our staff is experienced and equipped in helping adolescents and their families process through their teenage years in healthy ways. Our principal counselor Cody Baker previously worked with adolescents as a school counselor and coach, moderated individual and group counseling, and served at Children’s Hospital Colorado as a Mental Health Counselor. Our experience with counseling for adolescents involves processing through suicidal ideation, homicidal ideation, eating disorders, and self harm, as well as others.
We currently offer a complimentary twenty-minute consultation to help you decide if Journey Authentically is the right counseling solution for your teenager.